Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So its been awhile...

I cant believe its been since august that i last posted! Well, we've had a couple changes as many of you may  know. Rick got a job with border patrol, had to leave for training for 6 months and i was left to fix up the house and pack myself. YIKES! The whole experience taught me that I'm stronger than i know. I fixed up a house by myself, worked, took care of the girls, and packed a 3400 sq foot house all in a matter of 6 months! Makes my head spin when i think about it. I never thought I'd leave beautiful San Diego or my friends and family but here i am living in Arizona. I miss home like crazy but surprisingly it's not nearly as bad i thought it would be. I think that might partly be because i know the goal is to get back to San Diego (hopefully sooner than later!!) and I'm not gone for good. Also i drive back every 6 weeks to work and get a quick home fix;)This experience has made me think that EVERYONE should live away from home and family and their comfort zone, at least for a little bit. Never thought i would say that but honestly it kind of feels like an adventure! Of course I wish our adventure could be in a COOLER more exotic place but hey it is what it is. I really feel like its been a huge growing experience and made our little family closer than ever because all we have is each other! Rick loves his job I love getting to be mommy (although i admit i DO at times miss work and getting that break!!) the girls are doing great and love their new puppy so all in all i would say that right now life is good and i couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

anna b. said...

I love you ERIN! You have done so much and I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family. I cannot believe I just read that you suggest other people move away from their comfort zone!!! Man, you my friend have grown!!

LOVE YOU LONG TIME..